Oh! So you thought you were the only woman in his life? He swore his undying love to you and yet when it comes to making a lasting committing to you, he suddenly becomes evasive?
He acts serious with you one minute and the next; he completely goes missing in action, (MIA) for days or even weeks without notice or even a phone call. Then he crawls back to you again, expressing how sorry he is and you start the relationship again; only for him to keep hurting you with his lies and actions again and again.
Girl, sorry to bust your bubble! You are simply his side chick! There’s a main chick in his life who’s occupying the position you think belongs exclusively to you.
It is quite devastating to discover that you are not your man’s exclusive girlfriend, but actually the woman he was seeing on the side when the girl he is very much in a relationship with is unavailable.
It’s easy to assume that you are the main chick because some men have perfected the art of deceit and lies. It’s really unfortunate, but these signs have been there all these while but you refused to see it because you are so much in love with him and have built castles in the air around the relationship, with him occupying the position of your prince charming.
There is no worse situation like not knowing where a relationship you hold close to heart is heading. You are always on tip toe or walking on ice around your partner because you don’t want to offend him; yet somehow he still treats you wrongly with gross disregard for your feelings.
Women have this innate instinct that beep when something is not going well in their life but they often ignore it because they are so in love with their boyfriend that they are blind to these signals even if it has been staring them in the face all these while.
So if you have been getting these signals that you may not be the main chick in that relationship, it is best to break it off fast than allow him waste your time and emotions.
A woman’s intuition is very strong, and if you feel something is off in your relationship, it is reason enough to question your real stance in his man’s life; especially if he shows any of these signs.
Here are the top five ways to tell if you’re the side chick
- He always wants to go to your place: When he never wants to spend time anywhere other than your place, there’s a good chance that he’s keeping you a secret from someone. A man refusing to allow you to his place is definitely a red flag. Best ways to tell if you’re the side chick is that there is a big reason behind the fact that your man is not allowing you inside his home.
- He’s missing in action for major holidays and special occasions like Valentine, Christmas and birthday: This goes to show that you are not a priority to him, because he is inviting someone else to his family events, celebrations, and quality time.
- Never shows you off to anyone: None of his close friends or family knows that you even exist. If he’s not introducing you to his world – real or virtual – there’s every need to question that man and his intentions.
- His phone is always locked and off limits to you: If he makes a point to hide, silence, and protect his phone or switches it off when he’s with you, he is hiding something much larger than the contents inside. You won’t even have to ask or snoop; the fact that he is being sketchy with it whenever he is around you is all you need to know.
- He becomes evasive about making a commitment: This is especially true if you have been spending time with this person for a long time and you feel as if you need some clarity about your place in their life. A man who tells you that he would rather not put a label on things is saying that he doesn’t want to commit to you in so many words.